Here’s a video of the new car in the game engine! – It’s been a long road to get to this stage but here we are.
- Ignore the untextured front suspension rods on the car – I’ve just not got round to texturing them yet.
- Oh and ignore the slightly funky normal maps on the car too (I was just testing the lighting and forgot to remove them!)
- There is SOUND now in the game, but I can’t figure out how to get FRAPS to record it yet. I’m working on that area anyway so it’s probably best it’s missing.
- I’ve completely re-written the highscore system so that it’s a lot more straight foward to maintain. Just have to figure out some SQL magic to remove duplicates and we’ll be getting there! (It revolves around “DISTINCT” SQL fans!)
- I’m working up the user interface a bit – but there’s lots still to do
- I’m considering disabling Track 3 “for now” so that release V1.0 can come sooner..
- I need to plug in a few things on the website (http://www.stuntcaronline.com/blog/ for a sneak preview!) – there’s the whole issue of downloading the client to deal with!
- In the above video.. I TOTALLY meant to miss the second jump.. Ahem.. Honest…
Anyway- as you can see, it’s moving along. Thanks for reading!